Do you want to change the post publish date in WordPress?
WordPress has a functionality that allows you to revise page and post publish date whenever you like. It is a useful tactic to make post fresh and up to date. You can also change the order of your post or pages by changing the publish date of the post.
In this guide, we’ll learn how to change the post publish date in WordPress.
Methods to Change the Post Publish Date
Revising the post publish date is simple and safe. Hence, it doesn’t affect the post content and formatting. There are many ways to change the post publish date in WordPress. We’ll discuss the two methods in this guide.
Method 1: Via Publish Panel
This method is applicable on post as well as pages. While changing the date, if you select the future date and time then it will be a scheduled post. The post will be automatically posted on the scheduled time.
- First of all, login to the WordPress admin area.
- Go to all post and open the target post in edit mode.
- Then, go to document>> status visibility.
- Click on the date next to publish.
- Set a new date and time as you wish.
- Click on the update button to change the post publish date.
Method 2: Via Quick Draft
Most of the beginner use quick draft method to change the published date. It is an alternative method to update the post publish date quickly.
- At first, navigate to all post.
- Hover over the targeted post that you want to edit.
- Next, click on the quick edit as shown in the image below.
- Then, edit the published date.
- Finally, click on update to save the changes.
That’s it! You have successfully changed the post publish date.
If you have any queries, ask us in the comment section below.