Is it possible to simply disable trackbacks and pings on WordPress posts?
Trackbacks and pings are used to notify that your blog post is linked. Most beginner’s don’t know that this feature can be disabled.
In this blog, we’ll discuss how to disable tracks and pingbacks on post.
Why you Should Disable Trackbacks and Pingbacks on Post?
Trackbacks is a WordPress feature that notifies you when your posts are linked to other websites. Whenever anyone of your blogs is linked, you’ll receive trackbacks and pingbacks. Pingbacks are automatic while trackbacks need to be set manually.
Nowadays, spammers use this feature to send spams. WordPress even adds pings if you link them to any of your own blogs. Self pingbacks can be quite annoying. You can manually approve or trash trackbacks and pingbacks like comments.
Thankfully, WordPress allows you to disable trackbacks and pingbacks on post and it’s quite easy to do it.
Let’s get started:
Disable Trackbacks and Pingbacks for WordPress Posts
You can simply turn off the trackbacks and pingbacks feature from WordPress settings.
- Go to Settings>>Discussion.
- Uncheck the box next to Allow link notifications from other blogs on new articles.
- Click save changes button.
- At last, just click on save button to keep the changes you made.
Doing so will only turn off trackbacks and pings on new posts. In order to disable them on all old post follow methods given below:
- Go to Posts>>All Posts.
- Click on the screen option situated at top right hand side.
- Now type 999 next to the Number of items per page.
- Next, right tick the box to title label to select all posts.
- Now click on the edit option from bulk action drop down and hit apply button.
- After that, search for ping option and change it to do not follow.
- Finally, hit on update button.
That’s it! You have successfully disabled Trackbacks and pingbacks on post.
If you have any queries then write to us in the comment box below:
You might also like to read another informative article: