Fix Common WordPress Login Errors
Do you want to resolve WordPress login error?
WordPress is a powerful and easy to use content management software. However, WordPress is no exception when it comes to error. Beginners often have a hard time troubleshooting these errors. This can result in a loss of organic traffic and progress of your website.
In this article, we will learn how to fix common WordPress login errors.
Create a Backup
It’s considered good practise to create a full backup of your WordPress website before configuring any file. That way you can recover your site quickly in case anything goes wrong.
Error Establishing a Database Connection
Error establishing a database connection is the common error in WordPress installation. This error can occur when your database file is corrupted or log in credential is missing. To solve this issue follow the step by step instruction given below.
- Login to site via FTP client and go to the root directory.
- Locate the wpconfig.php file and edit it.
- copy-paste the following code in wp-config.php file.
- Then go to the http://www.exampleurl.com/wp-admin/maint/repair.php site and click on the Repair database.
- Once you have finished repairing remove the above code from the wp.config.php file.
Doing this will repair the database and you’ll be able to log in. If the error is still there check your login credential in the wpconfig.php file. If you are unable to fix common WordPress errors, ask your host provider to solve it for you.
Logged Out of WordPress Admin
Sometimes you might forget your login username or password and get logged out of WordPress admin panel. You can easily solve this issue by using email to recover your password. In case you no longer have access to the email address then you can solve this error by resetting WordPress admin password using PhpMyAdmin.
403 Forbidden Access Error
403 forbidden access error occurs when you are trying to visit an unauthorized page. It simply means that your hosting server doesn’t give you permission to access that page or file. It can also be caused by the incorrect .htaccess file. Your hosting provider can help you to fix this common WordPress login error easily. Thus, you can ask them to resolve this issue.
403 error can also be fixed by changing the file permission.
- Connect your site via FTP client and go to the root directory.
- Select any one folder and right-click on it. Then click on the file permissions option.
- Now, you will see a dialogue box in your screen. Set the numeric value in the permission box to 744 or 755.
- Check the box next to ‘Recurse into subdirectories’.
- Again, check the ‘apply to directories only’ option.
This will solve the 403 forbidden access error in WordPress.
WordPress Admin Login 404 Issue
In this error, every time you try to log in, WordPress admin is redirected to a 404 error page. The best solution to this error is to ask your hosting provider to solve the issue.
It also can be easily solved by updating the URL of your site. In order to do that, edit and add the following code in the wp.config.php file. While doing so, make sure to replace the example URL with your website URL.
WordPress Login Page Refreshing and Redirecting Issue
In this issue, the login page keeps refreshing and redirecting it back to login screen each time you try to log in to WordPress.
You can solve this issue simply by clearing all cache and cookies and deactivating all the plugins using FTP client. If this doesn’t solve your issue, you can also change your theme to default one such as twenty seventeen and, delete .htaccess file.
- First of all, navigate to WordPress root directory and click on wp-content.
- Then find plugins and rename it to anything.
- Now locate .htaccess file. Then, rename it into .wphtaccess.
- Doing so will delete all plugins and .htaccess file.
- Now try to log in to WordPress admin area. If you succeed then create a new .htaccess file.
- Go to settings>>Permalink and click on the Save button.
This will create a new .htaccess file. Now, you will be able to login to your WordPress admin area.
You are welcome to write your suggestions in the comment box below.